The 5 Health Benefits of Decluttering Your Home
Did you know that there are more benefits to decluttering your home than just having a neat and tidy house? According to experts, decluttering your home has many health benefits. While it’s a good idea to clean regularly, it’s particularly helpful to clean in the spring to freshen up your house after winter. Are you interested in learning more about how decluttering can benefit your health? Read below.
5 Ways Decluttering is Good for Health
- Improve immune health: If you’re prone to allergies, it’s especially important to keep your house clutter free. When your home is cluttered, it’s easier for allergy triggers like mold, mildew, dust and pet dander to be present and thrive. A home that’s clean will also help to prevent future respiratory issues.
- Minimize the risk of injury: In a cluttered home, there’s a greater risk of someone tripping or falling over an item. Taking the time to reduce the risk of injury by picking up toys and other miscellaneous items from the floor will be beneficial for your overall health.
- Improve mental health: While having a tidy home is not only good for mental health, the process of actually getting rid of unneeded items can also eliminate stress. Sorting through your belongings, removing items you no longer need to donate, sell, throw out or give away can be very liberating.
- Reduce the risk of illness: In order to get rid of bacteria that causes illnesses and viruses, it’s important to ensure your home is properly clean. When your home is cluttered, it can be difficult to clean your house as well as you should. Taking the time to clean items that get used often or touch food can save you from getting ill later on down the road.
- Improve sleep: When your home is decluttered, you will have an easier time sleeping. A cleaner and more organized home will reduce stress and can help you to shut off your mind at night much easier.
Declutter Your Home with a Storage Unit Rental
At Self Storage Specialists, we strive to provide you with storage and organization tips for a stress-free and clutter-free life. We have storage facilities all throughout Michigan, including in Ann Arbor, Detroit, Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo. We also have two storage facilities in Ohio, one in Dayton and one in Lakewood. Reserve a storage unit with Self Storage Specialist today!