Self Storage Specialists
The Largest Michigan Self Storage Company
Michigan Owned and Operated for 30 Years

Self Storage Specialists Blog

5 Ways Self Storage Can Improve Your Life

benefits of self storageIf you’re like most people, you probably have at least one area of your home that is somewhat cluttered and disorganized. You might be able to turn a blind eye to it, and just figure that you’ll deal with it at a later time. On the other hand, it’s possible your clutter might be causing some unwanted stress in your life. Maybe you avoid that area altogether so you just don’t have to think about it.

The Benefits of Self Storage for Your Life

When you need more personal storage space, the benefits offered by a self storage rental are numerous. When you’ve finally come to the realization that clearing out your belongings would improve your quality of life, consider renting a self storage unit.

Here are 5 ways self storage can help improve your life:

1)      Helps you regain space in your home. Maybe you’ve been wanting to turn that messy spare bedroom into a functioning home office. Or, perhaps putting away the laundry has become a loathsome task because your closets are completely stuffed. Removing some items and putting them into a self storage unit will allow your home to be clear of items you may not need on a regular basis.

2)      Reduces your stress and improves your health. Studies have shown that clutter has a negative effect on our health because of the stress it can bring. Clutter stresses us out because it causes our senses to spend too much time focusing on excessive stimuli that aren’t important to our life. Once your home is rid of clutter, you’ll feel more relaxed and in control of your life.

3)      Protects your valuables. Important items like family heirlooms, paperwork, tools, recreational equipment and more will be safely stored behind a locked door, with security features like cameras and computerized gate access for added peace of mind.

4)      Allows access to your items when you need them. Most self storage facilities are accessible 7 days a week, allowing you easy access to your belongings at all times. Ready to put up those holiday decorations? No problem- just stop by your unit and swap out seasonal items.

5)      Provides more time to do the things you love to do. Once your home is clear of clutter and organized, you’ll have more time to start that new home project or learn that hobby you’ve always wanted to learn. Maybe you’ve been wanting to start working out at home, but never had the space previously for any gym equipment. Or, maybe you want to create a man cave in your basement. Now you’ll have the space to do these types of things!

What are some of the benefits of self storage you’ve noticed since renting your unit? Are you less stressed and have more free time? Have you gotten to build that man cave? Don’t forget, Self Storage Specialists are ready to help with any of your home storage needs! Contact us for more information today.

This entry was posted in Self Storage 101 and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Trackbacks are closed, but you can post a comment.

7 Comments

1. Steve Holt Posted October 21, 2015 at 6:33 pm | Permalink

You made a great point about how self storage can help me regain space in my home. Lately, I’ve been keeping a bunch of old stuff in my room, because I don’t have anymore room to put things in the living room, closets, or the pantry. having a storage unit to put things in will give me the space that I need in my room again. Thanks for the information!

2. Eliza Cranston Posted October 22, 2015 at 12:45 pm | Permalink

I agree that a self storage unit can really free up your space and your life! I tend to be a pack rat and I need to de-clutter but I don’t want to get rid of too many things, so it seems like this is a good option for me. Do you have any tips on how to organize your self storage unit?

3. James Hobusch Posted October 23, 2015 at 11:48 pm | Permalink

This article mentions that storage units could be a good way to keep valuables safe. This makes a lot of sense to me, as the units are hard to differentiate between one another. Thanks for sharing this article, it has helped me understand the one of these units could do for me.

4. Bryce Trout Posted October 24, 2015 at 12:45 am | Permalink

I really like what you said about regaining space in your home. It seems like my garage is getting taken over by stuff and there is no chance I can even park my car in there anymore. I think I might hire a storage service and clear out the rest of my house as well. Thank you for sharing.

5. Raylin Sutter Posted November 2, 2015 at 1:43 pm | Permalink

Last spring it was starting to feel very crowded in my small home. I decided to put everything that I absolutely didn’t need into a storage unit. I compared prices and then just went for it. I have to say that it really did help me to reduce stress and to do more of what I want to do. Instead of having a room to store things inside my house, I now have a lovely art room where I can paint. Although I do know that it has been good for my stress, are there any studies proving that it is good for your health to have one?

6. Alex Lane Posted January 5, 2016 at 1:35 pm | Permalink

Thank you for this list. I just moved to a smaller apartment and was not sure what to do with all of my things. A self storage unit is a great idea. It really could relieve some stress, as you mentioned. Thanks again.

7. Rockford Johnson Posted April 5, 2016 at 11:23 pm | Permalink

Cool post! Thank you for helping me understand the benefits of self-storage. I like how you said that ” Important items like family heirlooms, paperwork, tools, recreational equipment and more will be safely stored behind a locked door, with security features like cameras and computerized gate access for added peace of mind.” I have never rented a self-storage unit before but I can imagine how helpful it would be to make sure to know that all of your precious valuables are locked safely away.